Friday, November 25, 2011

What are you thankful for in 2011?


Just a year ago, I learned about this guy who invites people over for Thanksgiving dinner, and keeps a running record of what people gave thanks for during these dinners...he's collected this over many years so has an impressive list of beautiful things people are grateful for...I thought this was a great idea, so thought may start doing this virtually (since there's no Thanksgiving in Kenya, and it's just another Thursday here)

I guess I'll start off by listing a few things I'm thankful for in 2011, which has been a particularly eventful year for me.  These are not in any particular order:
1. A new perspective and renewed faith in "family"
2. Finding the courage to validate my passion, and having the stars aligned enough to get an opportunity to do so
3. Staying safe and healthy (despite of visiting/living in crazy places)
4. Meeting and adopting a new set of "sisters" that will forever be part of my life
5. New and old friends who continue to give me unbelievable support, advice, and that smack in the head when I needed it
6. The Internet, without which I will not be able to stay in touch with people
7. Free library Kindle books...which kept me entertained at no cost while sitting in traffic
8. Smiling, happy people on the streets of Kenya, who reminds me how beautiful life is despite of its difficulties
9. A good smile on my face...which has gotten me good deals negotiated and favors done...


What are YOU thankful for this year?
Please comment :)


No comments:

Post a Comment