Friday, February 10, 2012

Celebrating small victories in life #1

Moses, the sandwich man, brings fruits and various lunch boxes to our office daily, and he has been the guy responsible for my stomach's well-being for the last few months.  His price is reasonable, 180ksh (~$2) per item, and what I have become absolutely addicted to is his fruit salads...for a very reasonable price, I can get all my vitamins with very little hassle.

Today, I got more change than I had expected, and it's when I realized that I have been overcharged for the last few months, even when I thought he began to give me discounts...He looked like such a honest, down-to-earth, simply guy, yet, I've been deceived for 4 months!!!  Now I'm finally paying local Kenyan price, I think I shall mark today as the day I officially become a "local", yay!    



2 comments:

  1. How did you figure this out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he had sent someone else to the office, and that person gave me more change than I had expected, so I asked the price again...and then my co-workers confirmed what they were paying was waayy less than I was

      Delete